- By shopping at Nearplugs, you accept our data protection policy and our processing of your personal data. We protect your privacy and do not collect more information than necessary to process your order. We never sell or pass on your information to third parties without legal basis.
- Nearplugs is responsible for the processing of personal data that you have provided to us as a customer. Your personal information is processed by us to be able to handle your order and in those times when you have requested newsletters or promotional offers – to be able to adapt the marketing to your individual needs.
- The information below is a summary of how we store and process your data in accordance with the Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- What is personal information?
Personal information is all information that can be directly or indirectly attributed to a physical person.
- What information do we store?
To be able to handle your order and answer questions related to your order (customer service), we store your first and last name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, IP address and purchase history.
- Your information is stored as long as we have a legal basis to process your information, for example to fulfill the agreement between us or to comply with a legal obligation under, for example the accounting law.
- Legal basis
In connection with a purchase, your personal data is processed to complete the agreement with you. Marketing, promotions and similar mailings take place with your consent.
- What information is shared and for what purpose?
- When making a purchase, information is shared with our payment provider. What is stored is first name, last name, address, e-mail address and telephone number. If you choose to pay by invoice, the social security number is also saved by the payment provider. The information is saved in order to complete the purchase and to protect the parties against fraud. The payment providers (payment services) we use are: Shopify Payments (VISA, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Klarna, Apple Pay, Google Pay) and Paypal.
- Shipping Company
In order to deliver your orders and complete our agreement, we must share specific information with the shipping company. What is shared with the shipping company is first name, last name and address information for delivery. E-mail address and/or mobile phone number may also be shared with the shipping company for notifications.
The shipping company we work with is Postnord.
If you have chosen to subscribe to our newsletter, your first name, last name and e-mail address will be shared with our newsletter provider. This is to be able to keep you updated with information and offers for marketing purposes. We use Shopify Email and Klaviyo to send out newsletters.
We use Shopify to run our online store – you can read more about how Shopify uses your personal information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the website – you can read more about how Google uses your personal information here: https://www.google.com/intl/sv/policies/privacy/. You can also opto ut of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. We use your personal information to provide you with targeted ads or marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you. For more information on how targeted advertising works, visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s ("NAI") training page here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work. You can opt out of targeted advertising by following the link to Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- The right of access
You have the right to receive all information that we have about you from us. The information will be delivered electronically in a readable format.
- Right to change information
You have the right to ask us to update incorrect information about you.
- The right to be forgotten
You can request that the information concerning you to be deleted at any time. There are a few exceptions to the right of deletion, such as if it is to be retained because we must fulfill a legal obligation (for example according to accounting law).
- Responsible for data protection
Nearplugs is responsible for the storage and processing of personal data in the online store and ensures that the rules are followed.
- How we protect your personal data
We use industry standards such as SSL/TLS and one-way hash algorithms to store, process and communicate sensitive information such as personal data and passwords in a secure way. We use a platform called Shopify.